Make a Donation and Make a Difference
On average, a night of shelter and the intensive services we provide cost about the same as an entrée at a restaurant. Please consider making a donation, instead, to help us provide a new way of life for homeless families in our community. Here are some examples of how your donation will be used:
$25 – One night for a single mother and child.
$50 – One night for a family of four.
$75 – Two nights for a family of three.
$100 – Two nights for a family of four.
$250 – One night of shelter for our entire facility.
$350 – One week for a family of four.
$750 – One month for single mother.
$1125 – One month for a family of three.
Your one-time or recurring donation will provide more than just a safe place to stay, it will provide an opportunity to learn how to live a self-sufficient life and gain a permanent home. As you can see, it doesn’t take a lot of money to make a difference in the life of homeless family.
For questions about donations, you may contact Dustin Johnson, Executive Director, by emailing Dustin@anacortesfamily.org.
Donations can be mailed to:
The Anacortes Family Center
1011 27th St.
Anacortes, WA 98221
Make a Donation now
Use the donation form below to make a safe, secure donation with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express using our secure server. Simply enter a donation amount in the box below and click continue to be transferred to a secure web page where you can enter your payment method details.
About our E-processor
eprocessingnetwork is the secure payment processor for our Internet donations. Your transaction is safe, secret, and secure and your donation is tax-deductible. You will be sent a receipt by e-mail after you complete your donation and will be returned to our website.
The Anacortes Family Center is often in need of in-kind donations. If you would like to donate goods to the AFC please see the list of needs below:
Facility & Household Needs:
- Lysol (spray)
- Pinesol (or similar floor cleaner)
- Dishwasher soap (powder or pods)
- Windex (or similar window cleaner)
- Liquid Dish soap
- Scrubbers for pots and pans
- Kitchen sized garbage bags (4 and 10 gallon)
- Cleaning tools – mops, brooms, dust pans
- Kitchen sized garbage cans w/lids
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towels
- Kitchen towels and cloths
- Kitchen knives
- 9 - Sets of dishes
- Drinking glasses
- Full Sized Sheets
- Kitchen rugs
- Area rugs 5x7
- Wooden spoons/spatulas
- Can openers
- Baking sheets/casserole dishes
- Food storage containers
- Food storage bags
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic wrap
Personal Care Products (ongoing):
- Shampoo and Conditioner (16 oz. size)
- Bar Soap/Body Wash
- Body Lotion
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6)
The AFC is always looking for community members who would like to support our program by volunteering. Please see the list of current volunteer opportunities below:
Service Volunteers Needed:
- Electrical/Plumbing/Appliance Repairs
- Computer/Tech Support
- Gardening – weeding, trimming
- Handyman/woman –small fix-it projects
- Babysitter (1 hour sessions/occasional)
- Life Skills Facilitator – Life Coaches, Personal Money Management, Parenting, Sobriety Support, Employment, Therapy/Counseling, Cooking, Couponing
- Pick-Up Truck for hauling
- Strong Men/Women for moving furniture (occasional)
For those interested in volunteering, please click here to fill out the volunteer application, or call or email Karen Yost, Program Coordinator, at 360.293.2993 ext. 0 or email Karen@AnacortesFamily.org.
Anacortes Family Center a 501(c)(3) public charity under the Internal Revenue Code, eligible to receive tax deductible bequests, transfers and gifts. No goods or services may be exchanged for a donation.
AFC's Tax Identification Number is: 20-0775618